Saturday 31 August 2013

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life! My first bit of good news!

It’s going to be OK – My first bit of good news this week.

It’s been a week of tremendous change and lots of lows for me having had the worst chemo side effects yet and losing my job in the same week, so I reminded myself that tonight this time last year I threw a party for my 50th and celebrated in style.  If I had known that night that I was to lose my job and have ‘bastard cancer’ within a year would I have still spent all that money on one night?  You bet your bottom dollar I would!  How can you put a price on a night where you get to see all of your friends, your family, your work colleagues and your school mates under one roof having a great time.   

Can anyone put a price on that?   It reminds me that simple pleasures really are the best, seeing people laugh, people dance, people happy is a great birthday gift and one I would repeat a million times over.  However I am a little sad at the contrast to how I have spent my day today and how quick things can change.

Sometimes things happen for a reason and I have the space and time to concentrate on what is important. My priority right now is my health as without it what have any of us got.  What I can tell you is that I have known that from a really early age and I have always had a good feeling that someone somewhere is looking out for me and I have been lucky many times when faced with adversity and something good has happened and propelled me forward when I have needed it most.  Luck, however, is where preparation meets with opportunity so you still have to drive yourself to do better.

I have many good friends and family around me and I am fortunate to have the best sister in the world.  She always has my back covered and never lets me down.  In three weeks she is going to Sri Lanka on the charity ride we were going to do together and although I will no longer be able to go I am excited by the opportunity this will be for her. Although a little envious at the same time but know the cycle china girls will look after her and keep her spirit going. 

Now for my good news:  This week I had an ultrasound and it confirmed that my chemo is working and the cancer looks to have retracted from the lymph nodes as they could not see any lumps or swellings or cancer cells.  So you see nothing else really matters. A year from now I will be free of this 'bastard cancer' and then you won’t be able to stop me.


Love Wendy J 


Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best
And...

Always look on the bright side of life (whistle)
Always look on the light side of life (whistle)
If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing
And... 

Always look on the bright side of life... (whistle)
Come on!
Always look on the bright side of life... (whistle)

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow

So always look on the bright side of death (whistle)
Just before you draw your terminal breath (whistle)
Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

And always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the right side of life (whistle)
Always look on the bright side of life (whistle)
Always look on the bright side of life (whistle)

No comments:

Post a Comment