Tuesday 20 August 2013

Second Chemo two days before third session!


Second Chemo two days before third session!

Not Had Writers block!  Just did not want to write garbage!

Garbage!
I don't know what else to say
I can't, I can't think of nothin'
I'm stumped
Here we go (Here we go)

Eminem
Sorry folks, I told you I was not a writer and therefore I have had a none writer's writer’s block ! I am putting it down to chemo brain which means that everything I have tried to get down on paper has been garbage! I am also getting words mixed up when I speak and my gift of malapropism is escalating and growing quicker than my 'bastard cancer!'
However, there are a lot of you out there thinking I have not been very well and as I said in my last blog I had a ropey few days following my last chemo but have been well for the last couple of weeks.  Therefore garbage or no garbage I thought I should have a go at communicating with you all.
Last weekend Karen Tottey and Norma Linton (Two ladies we met on cycle china) came to stay, it was lovely to see them both but my god can they shop!  I thought I was bad but wow they ran rings around me and Jo and I ended up knackered but really enjoyed their company and what was a chilled girls weekend.  Jo, Karen and Norma are getting ready for cycle Sri Lanka and I have to admit I was more than a little envious that I am unable to go with them.  However we all signed up for the ‘women v Cancer’ night ride through London in May next year by which time I will have nailed my bastard cancer and be ready to celebrate with a nifty little 100km ride with hundreds of amazing ladies.  
For any of you ladies reading my blog who fancy’s riding with us the maximum limit is 1000 ladies and they are getting booked up fast. You will have an amazing experience so come on join us on the first Ride the Night London next year.
I have to let you into a secret  shush, don’t let anyone else know as this is just between you and me but I am dreading my next round of chemo which is this Friday 23rd August.  I know that my left hand will be used as a pin cushion as I have no veins and that by my birthday on 27th August I will feel shitty and it will last for about 5 days.  Now I could just about put up with this if it made me lose some weight but given the only thing that eases the nausea is eating I just end up feeling crap and bloated!  Yuk.  However in the two days following on Saturday and Sunday before the nausea kicks in I intend to get on my bike and support Jo in her training.

This time last year I was celebrating my 50th and had the most amazing and special night with those nearest and dearest to me, life-long pals and work colleagues who have become firm friends and have supported me for the last few years.  How things have changed in just a year, so please remind yourself to live your life to the max.  I have tried to do this and will continue to reach for the stars and drive myself forward until I beat my ‘Bastard Cancer’.
As much as I enjoyed it, I know what I want this year is just to be fit and healthy x J
Finally I have bought to sausage dog puppies which will come to me in September.  I have thought long and hard about the practicalities and the outcome is that I need to love myself to get better but give my love and focus to something else to stop me from getting angry, stressed and sad something I understand will happen on the bumpy road of treatment over the next year. It also gets me off my butt and out walking everyday which stops me from becoming a couch potato!
So let me introduce Roxy (named after Roxy Music my favourite band) on account that she has Jet black coat and Silvie who is a beautiful little silver dappled sausage.   Also because Jo and I are a little bit daft they are homage to Rosie and Sophie sausages our beloved sausages which we lost last year after 15 years of unconditional love from them.  Sausages are special little dogs that are funny, full of character and in charge!  To coin a phrase “Do you see what we did there” R & S lives on!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love Wendy x
PS - GOOD LUCK TO DENISE BAYLEY WHO IS GOING THROUGH HER SECOND ROUND OF CHEMO TOMORROW AND IS BEING A STRONG WOMAN WHO WILL ALSO KICK THE HELL OUT OF HER “BASTARD CANCER”  DEN YOU ARE A STAR XXXXX
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment