Tuesday 23 July 2013

After first Chemo – Week three – Breaking The Habit Of Being Wendy!


When something life changing happens to you it creates process in your brain that forces you to look at yourself from outside.

You consider your life from every aspect.  One of my favourite sayings is “If you always do what you always do, you will only ever get what you only ever get.”

So every day my life is spent predominantly doing the same things.  I get up at 6am, I am on the road of 7am, I drive a two hour commute to one of our offices, during that commute I stop at a coffee shop and usually eat my first sugary crap of the day, I perform my daily tasks, I see the same people, I often have the same conversations in order to produce the same sort of business week in week out.  I don’t look after myself, I eat the wrong things, I don’t drink enough water, and I have the same two hour commute back home.  I shower when I get in, I eat late, I answer emails and I go to bed too late only to repeat the process the day after all over again.  

This is my life, at weekends I try to ride my bike, I shop, I carry on eating crap things, I am defined by the routine that controls being Wendy.

So when something potentially life threatening taps at your door it awakens a fear in you that relies on a change process.  Positivity is something I possess in abundance, I work to the philosophy of “I will not let the bastards grind me down”, I am blessed that I have never felt depression even in the face of adversity and I manage stress very well.  I can handle any change in a work or personal environment that is thrown at me.

However,

WHY CAN’T I CHANGE MY OWN HABITS OF A LIFETIME AND CHANGE THE HABIT OF BEING WENDY?

What do I mean, I want to lose weight, I want to eat better, I want to exercise more and in the immortal words of Mr Freddie Mercury “I WANT TO BREAK FREE!!!!

So here is my promise to myself:

1.Eat Breakfast – I will not leave the house until I have a healthy organic breakfast that sets me up for the day.

2.Make Grocery Shopping List – I am going to prioritise my healthier shopping list to include: Fish, organic veg & fruit, nuts and grains and cut back on dairy and processed foods

3.  Prepare packed lunch and snacks in advance to avoid the energy dips that subsequently lead to buying sugary crap designed to give really short term unsustainable energy

4.  Avoid late night eating:  (unless its celery!)

5. Exercise more

6. Get enough sleep

7. Avoid stressful situations that I can’t change and concentrate my efforts on the things I can

8.  Kick the ass out of my ‘BASTARD CANCER’

It’s a wish list and like most of you I will sometimes do well with it and sometimes fail and fall off the edge with points 1 to 7. 
What I can guarantee to you all though, Is that I will succeed on point 8 because it will not define me and I have the power and the ability to rid my- self of this short term infliction that has invaded by body.

 

  Love Wendy x :)  
 
 
 

.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment