Tuesday 16 July 2013

Week Two - After First Chemo - It's just a process.


So today I thought I would try prunes! (Only joking!)

 
Yesterday put a smile on my face thank you for such great comments. Today I woke up feeling much better after a great uninterrupted (well apart from the normal twice loo break!) sleep and feel ready to face the ????

Therein lie’s my biggest problem by 7am I am normally on the road with a 90 minute commute in front of me cursing at drivers and thinking about the day ahead. The strangest transition for me is the leisurely way I get ready and eat breakfast only to then sit on my sofa to work.

I have put in a full day at the virtual office. Interaction with others cannot be under estimated and I miss the direct communication of colleagues in the office and the banter.  I had a conference video call with eight managers where from my laptop I can see the 8 people attending the meeting remotely. 

Good points:


Meetings are much more succinct and done in half the time; it’s really efficient and saves those that have to travel to meetings hours. 

Bad points:

It stops discussion in the same free fall way and there is no humour.  I miss office banter.  I have also become a newsreader, presentable from the top - make up on, hair done, presentable top half so that when I video dial into work I look the same but underneath are some old grotty leggings! I look a bugger from below but I have to say that this quite liberating and so comfortable.  I am going to struggle next week when I actually go into work and put on a normal pair of trousers. Maybe tomorrow I will try the frankfurter look from the Rocky Horror Show. Suspenders on the bottom half and business dress on the top so when I dial into the office no-one will know but me!  I mean it’s important to look good isn’t it! 

 

I still feel good today nothing health wise to report, other than still struggling to keep cool. 

 
My ‘talented actor’ cousin Laurence arrived to keep me company this evening. Janet loves him already on account he can charm
 

Great food, great conversation, great company, and Luther!

 

Sometimes the best medicine of all is just feeling comfortable in your own skin.  I am slowly adapting to understanding what has happened.  I am dealing with it as every control freak would.  I may even do a process chart soon and some graphs!  Because it is a process, Getting rid of cancer is a process, a long one but a process and I am one of the best project and process managers I know.  There will be good milestones, there will be some problems and I will move over them or around them but they won’t stop me from moving forward and beating it.

 

Love Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment