Thursday 11 July 2013

Day 4 - After First Chemo

Hi everyone,

Well I have had a different day today again, in that I woke up shaking like a leaf and feeling as if I could not get my words out properly, felt very queasy again but still was not chucking up!  This was about 5am so was not pleasant, however after a large drink of water and a ginger biscuit (good for queasy feelings) I promptly went back to sleep and woke at 8am feeling much better.  I guess my blood sugars are all over the place by now as the chemo starts to leave my body.

I have felt a bit tired all day it must be all of the white blood cells dipping but I still put in a full day at the office (from my sofa!) marvellous what conference calling can do! I think its the new way of working and I have completed loads of odd jobs would not normally do from an office.

The best part of my day was when my life long friend Jane McKenzie and her partner Mark turned up at lunch time and have stayed with me all day and are staying tonight. What can I tell you about Jane, she is amazing having had her own battle in the past two years when she lost her son Jack McKenzie my wonderful godson in a car accident in August 2011.  This was devastating and Jane's spirit and the way she tackled dealing with such a  life changing tragedy has really made me stronger in getting through my own commencing battle..  I am blessed to have her and Mark in my life and know that we will be friends for ever.   Jack will be willing me and this will also give me strength.

I am still eating for England which some might say 'no change there then!)  But it must be my body's way of telling me to stock up for when there maybe times I won't feel like it.  (well that's my theory but I will probably have to have a word very soon!)  I am trying to be healthy and need next to think about what kind of exercise you can do from your couch!  No really I want to get back to riding my bike on good days with the wind in my face and colour in my cheeks.

Chilling out tonight with good friends what more could a girl ask for.

See you soon
Love Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment