Sunday 14 July 2013

Day 7 - After First Chemo - First complete week done.


Feeling hot, hot, and hot!

 

My oh my, I can’t settle it’s too darn hot!  Spent most of today like a beached whale just trying to drink lots and keep cool same as all of you lot I expect!

Felt a lot better today but still cannot control the constant hunger driven from the steroids, give this another week and we may have to just get the bike out and leg it!

My hair is still in tack but a big chunk of eyebrow came away today, fortunately I have the original scouse dark hairy brow so a few won’t hurt I am sure.  I am going to save a fortune on threading and haircuts.

I start the 7-14 day phase post chemo when your body starts to lose white cells.  Bloody going to try and ignore it at this point as big working week ahead.   I was not much good with listening to people giving me excuses about why they could not come into work because of x,y and z before this and I know I am going to go into overdrive telling people to get a grip as that is what I try to tell myself.

Work ethic!  Thank god I had a mother who gave it me in abundance as I need it more than ever now.  I am not a martyr but I am not a bloody whimp either.   We need a massive week and everyone better just get on with it.

My breast has changed shape again today and the peau d’orange effect has most certainly grown, it feels uncomfortable I don’t like it, lumpy and I feel as if the cancer is an alien inside me – scary.  Well it can just go and F.R.O!

 

Love Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment